- Image by Jaume d’Urgell via Flickr
In yet another unsurprising announcement from Hezbollah, the group’s leader, Hassan Nasrallah, has called for a military coup should he be implicated in the 2005 assassination of Lebanese Prime Minister Rafik Hariri. The apparent plans include Syrian and pro-Syrian groups who would assist and then share in the spoils. Seems like a strange way for an “innocent” person to behave!
Articles of Interest
- Lebanon sources: Hezbollah planning coup if charged in Hariri murder (Haaretz.com)
- Anti-Hezbollah Bloc Says Lebanon in ‘Grave Danger’ (foxnews.com)
- Hezbollah boycotts Lebanese talks over UN tribunal (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Lebanon: Hezbollah to take over “large parts of Lebanon”, report claims (teaandpolitics.wordpress.com)